Item # 2960053SR 47-55
This kit includes a modern fuse box, instruction sheet, dash harness, instrument cluster kit, parking lamp kit, rear body kit, power plus front lighting kit, engine & starter kit, courtesy light connection kit, fuse relay flasher kit, ignition switch, headlight switch, dimmer switch and wire ties.
1. Accessory disconnect provided for connections to power windows, power seats, cruise control, fuel pump, power door locks, extra radio (CB) or optional power accessory.
2. New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
3. Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on fuse panel.
4. Fuse box and custom mounting plate are designed for bolt-in under dash installation. All required hardware supplied. Location selected for easy accessibility and clearance of under dash accessories such as all gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, and stock original or after market GM tilt steering columns.
5. Steering column connectors will plug directly into most after market steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize stock GM turn signal switches. The original column can also be wired by using the supplied mating connector and terminals.
6. Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors, and light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect to the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in.
7. Heater control panel lighting, power, and blower motor leads are included for original style heaters as well as after market heat and AC updates such as HOTROD AIR, and VINTAGE AIR, etc. Connections are also wired in for the glove box and cigarette lighter.
8. Replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are also included. Extra connectors and instructions are supplied for installation of original headlight switches.
9. Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
10. Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original position utilizing existing retainers. Flexibility in harness design allows for original or custom routing. Both pickup and suburban models are accommodated. Rear body wiring includes backup light wires and mating connectors for backup light leads. License plate lead, connectors, and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal included. Leads and terminals included for jamb switches and dome light.
11. Engine wiring includes connectors for points type and HEI distributors. Power and tachometer connectors supplied for GM HEI distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series internal regulated and all "one wire" alternators. GM "CS" series alternator connector available separately.
12. Engine wiring includes starter and gauge sender leads for water temp, oil pressure, voltmeter, and tach. Heavy 8 gauge alternator leads are supplied. Power circuits are fusible link protected.
13. New ignition switch is included. Additional connectors and instructions are provided to use the original ignition switch or column mounted ignition switch.
This part fits most 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 Chevrolet Trucks; exceptions may apply. Please read the complete description to see if this part fits your specific vehicle and application.